My Ted Talk

HELLOOOOO! Today I want to talk to you about My Ted Talk. If you don’t know what a Ted talk is, it’s a talk about a really cool topic check out some talks at TED.com or TED-ED.com. For Language Arts class at school we did one ( it wasn’t actually published to the real site ) about that we really like. Above you can see me doing mine, and I’m going to tell you about mine in the blog post.

So as you can see in the photo, I did my Ted Talk on Muslim Science and Creations. I’m Muslim so this interested me a lot and it was cool to learn about it too. So now I want to tell you the process on making a Ted Talk.

1. A topic

First step of making a Ted Talk is really simple, all you have to do is make a topic for it to be on. And it can be anything you want. I would pick something that you know and you really like.

2. Research and speech

So now you have to start erase arching your topic and then what you do to your research is you make a speech. Then you memorize that speech. In a real Ted talk you would practice for over a YEAR!!! but for us we memorized some of ours but we had a little speech in our hands just in case. With the speech you practice a lot and you should present yours to a friends to make sure you got it down.

3. Slides

Then you create some slides with pictures and literally no words because when an audience sees words on a slide they read them and when they’re done reading, they’re bored and lose focus on you talking.

4. Presenting

This is the best part because here you present your Ted talk to people and it’s so fun sharing something you like.

Now let me tell you about my blog post. As I said it’s on Muslim Science and creation. Let me tell you one thing that Muslims created, coffee. I knew coffee was a big thing but I didn’t know Muslims created it! Because personally almost every adult I know drinks coffee, if not all. Then I talked about Muslim science and the examples I used for this was astronomy and geography because in Islam Muslims need to know what time to pray so they had to look at the sky a lot. Also geography ties in with this because when Muslims pray they need to face the Kabah ( the most holy place in Islam ) so they need to know where it is at all times. Now a days you can just use your phone or a device but back then you couldn’t.

So all in all I think the Ted Talk experience is super cool and I would recommend you create one and present it to your family or friends. Personally me I think Ted talks are a great way to share your interest and spread facts that other people don’t know,

Here are the two links for Ted talks. I would recommend watching a few from both websites!

https://www.ted.com/

https://ed.ted.com/

One thought on “My Ted Talk”